ok, so here is ADRIAN NYOE's very wonderful speech.
i think it's kinda motivating.
so yarh, vote for him, ppl in MI. lol.
here it goes:
Good morning (etc etc etc),
Five years ago, as I embark on my journey into Student Council life in my secondary school, I began to have self-awareness, to see myself as a person who takes initiative, to see transformations and to correct the wrong things. ‘Quiet’ is not my game. Notice the word ‘transformations’ rather than the conventional word ‘changes’, which brings me to one of my beliefs – Mc Gregor’s Theory of Transformational Leadership. At this point of time many of you may question the difference between changes and transformations, so here’s a little definition to it. Changes are reversible like water changes into ice then back to water again. Whereas transformations are irreversible like paper burning into ashes but it can never change back to its original form.
I believe that transformational leadership may benefit the school with a little moral value in it by transforming passionate leaders of the school into inspiring leaders of tomorrow, equipping them with the skills and knowledge to return back to society in time to come. We can start by the learning process in schools, by first forging the 3 Councils closer, for our goals are the same – The well being of the school. From there we can have greater collaboration and opportunities to learn from each other. Not forgetting the student body, which we can set the culture of teaching downwards from seniors to juniors about what they have learnt, and their experiences, which is the fastest way to learn, by listening to people’s experiences.
Learning is a fundamental process to developing leadership. Nothing will change if we continue to do what we’ve done before; developing leadership starts with us – The student leaders. I am confident that I’m able to discharge my duties with pride, honour and integrity. I chose to run for presidency because I understand that we cannot maximize our service to the school and the student body unless we do it TOGETHER. Each and everyone of us may have different stories from life, but the council holds common hopes, we came from many places, all across the land, but each and every councilor wants to move in the same direction, that is towards a better school environment for the student body and the students-to-come.
The success of the team enabled the success of the leader, not the other way round. This notion still holds. Results are more convincing than qualifications, I shall not make empty promises right now but what the student leaders or myself can do is to influence others, anyone can be a leader, but the process of influencing is important. Don’t be hesitant to express your leadership skills in you, for others will notice it and hence will encourage them to use their leadership potential. This is a form of influence, just like throwing a pebble into the pond, ripples move across the pond until all the water has been stirred. So be the pebble and start the stir! As the society grows more competitive, we need to cultivate passionate leaders to lead the nation. This very process starts right now! Here, in school!
Expressing leadership is not based on power but rather with trust and relationships. I would not be running for president if I didn’t believe with all my heart that Millennians need a voice, a bridge between the school management and the student body. As much trust and sincerity that I have placed in you Millennians is as much faith you must have in me and my capabilities to discharge my duties well. Allow me to be your voice to be heard, this is where the journey of perfection begins!
the end!
hahhaha(:
alright ppl, sry for not updating.
will update as many pics as possible when i get back home on sat(:
see you all...soonnnn..... (:


Post a Comment